Apprentice IT Support Engineer
£21,000 - £22,000 +Bonus & Excellent Benefits
As a Trainee IT Support Engineer, you will act as the first point of contact for Managed Service customers contacting ITVET to report issues and faults. The role reports into the Client Services Supervisor and you will be supporting our Client Services team.
This will ideally be either your first role in IT or have some experience in IT support and the successful applicant will be looking for a long-term career in IT, but just isn't sure what path to take. It can lead onto a role in Service Engineering to Project Deployments and even Software Development! No qualifications are necessary, self-paced training will happen in the office as part of the day-to-day duties. You will be supported with all aspects of the role by the team supervisor and your peers, so you will never be left not knowing what to do.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things tech and will love playing around with gadgets. It is essential the candidate is friendly and helpful and is really good at communicating; if you have worked in retail in this past this can really help.
Our Microsoft Gold Service Team is renowned for providing an excellent support service to our prestigious portfolio of clients which include The Crown Estate, for whom we provide the IT & Communications for all of Regent Street, JLL, Cushman Wakefield and British Land to name but a few.
We offer in house training across the wide range of services we offer, and encourage and assist team members through technical professional qualifications, Microsoft or Cisco etc. which we will pay for. Whilst we like our team members to touch as wide a range of technologies as possible, we also believe that it is essential that we help you discover which ones you excel at.
Day-to-day responsibilities as a ITVET Trainee IT Support Engineer:
- Answering the telephone and speaking to our clients
- Taking down the details of their issue and recording it in our system
- Connecting remotely into our clients' laptop/workstation and helping resolve faults
- Escalating requests to ensure our clients get their service requests resolved quickly
- Carrying out basic checks and making sure all information is gathered from the client
- Help carry out quality checks in line with our company ISO standards
- Completing basic Service Desk changes for leavers and joiners
- Face-to-Face customer service skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 and MacOS
- Confident telephone manner and good communicator
- Ability to explain technical things to non-technical people
- Logical troubleshooter who applies common sense
As well as a generous salary we offer an excellent range of benefits:
- Enhanced Pension plan
- Additional holiday for long service
- A fitness allowance to keep fit and healthy
- Private Health insurance with Mental Health cover
- 31 days holiday allowance
- Flexible Working
- Virtual social calendar of events
At ITVET group we are committed to breaking the boundaries in IT Managed Services. Our passionate, expert team is dedicated to driving technology forward, through innovation and perseverance. We are proud to be a company that is different, but not just for the sake of it. We take great pride in the fact that we are a community, and as a community, everyone contributes and is treated equally.
Successful candidates are subject to a basic DBS check.