IT Support Engineer
£28,000 - £55,000 +Bonus & Excellent Benefits
An amazing opportunity to join one of the most progressive IT companies in the UK, that is revolutionising the way technology companies work. As a leading UK MSP, the technical standards achieved across all roles and levels are very high, so this is a fantastic environment to work in, whether you are at entry level, or a senior tech looking for a more challenging role.
If you are a highly skilled engineer, who is passionate, not just for all things technical, but also for delivering the best customer service. Who would like to work for a company that shares the same values, as well as caring for our planet and everything in it, then this may be a perfect fit for you.
With its head office based in Bishops Stortford, ITVET are a fast-growing Technology Solutions provider, with clients all over the UK, offering a wide range of professional Managed IT & Technology Solutions. Alongside this, the software development division offers cutting edge SAAS based software applications, such as UltraHR, and Retail Report
Why join our team?
ITVET are strongly focused on our CSR activities, community engagement initiatives and supporting our charity partners. We're fully committed to our partnerships with charities and the local community. We take our charity and environmental responsibilities very seriously, offering staff 3 paid leave days a year to use for volunteering. We have regular team building and social activities. We drive a culture of training, mentoring and career development for everyone. Our company is growing sustainably. As a living wage employer, all roles are well paid with regular pay reviews.
We offer in house training across the wide range of services we offer, and encourage and assist team members to complete technical qualifications, for which we will provide required resources and assist with exam costs. Whilst we like our team members to touch as wide a range of technologies as possible, we also believe that it is essential that we help you discover and progress in the areas where you excel.
We are always on the lookout for that next engineer, or potential engineer, to assist out support team and the successful applicant will be offered a role that we feel best suits their technical aptitude and experience.
You would be providing a high level of technical support and customer service to our clients, and potentially to our in-house team, depending on the role you work in. Given the range of technologies we provide is so broad, the work can be quite varied day to day, which keeps it interesting and more rewarding.
- Industry experience in an IT Support Role, unless at entry level, but you will still need demonstrable IT skills
- For senior roles you will need to be highly talented and experienced in an MSP environment
- Be a logical trouble-shooter with common sense, who is able to resolve issues that others cannot
- Be a genuinely nice person who is kind and caring, and able to communicate well with clients and colleagues alike
- No matter what your experience you need to be a person that just gets and likes technology
The varied roles require experience in some of the following technologies from basic to advanced level and the role offered will be dependent on previous experience with the relevant skills.
- Office 365 - user maintenance, licence management and all aspects of associated admin portals such as Exchange, Teams, SharePoint.
- Azure - familiarity with Azure portal, tenancy migrations, Azure SQL, WebApps, VMs, cost analysis
- EndPoint Manager - MDM, MAM, Compliance, policies
- Networking - converged networks, VLANs, WAN routing, DNS
- Firewalls - Cisco, Draytek, port redirection, NAT, NAPT
- Webhosting - CPanel, Linux
- Telephony - Linux PBX, SIP Trunks, WLR, Call routing
- Connectivity - Leased Lines, LLU, xDSL
- WiFi - 802.x, Footfall, data capture, reporting
- Servers - Windows, Linux, PF Sense, Active Directory, Group Policy
- Workstations - Windows 10+, printing, Office 365
Our benefits include:
- Profit Share scheme
- Enhanced Pension plan
- A fitness allowance to pay for gym or sports club memberships
- Private Health insurance
- 31 days holiday allowance
- Additional paid leave days for volunteering work
- Busy social calendar of events
- Generous hospitality - Snacks, Drinks, Fruit, basic food provisions etc.
Successful candidates are subject to a basic DBS check.