2nd Line IT Support Engineer
£31,000 - £36,000 +Bonus & Excellent Benefits
Based at our Bishops Stortford office you will be part of our Microsoft Gold certified Service Desk Team, dealing with 2nd Line technical issues for our clients. The majority of the time you will be providing remote support, but there will also be times when you will be required to visit our clients to carry out remedial and proactive maintenance which occasionally may be out of hours or at weekends.
As we are a managed services provider our engineers are trained to the highest standards in a multitude of different technologies, so this position is ideal if you are looking for a career with real progression.
- An experienced, and talented engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career.
- Be a logical troubleshooter with common sense
- Be able to communicate well with clients and colleagues alike
- Be a real team player with empathy for clients and colleagues alike
- Be able to work under pressure and on your own initiative
- Be willing to go the extra mile for our clients without being asked
- Willing to be part of the out of hours on-call rota
- Smart both mentally and in physical appearance
- Fluent English speaking.
- MCITP level, or willing to prove ability to support at this level from previous or current position
- Support of MS Office - all versions.
- Knowledge of Antivirus applications.
- Knowledge of Backup applications.
- Windows 7/8/10 Operating systems.
- Active Directory administration & Support
- 365 Exchange Online
- Wireless Configuration & Support
- Firewall and Router administration
- Advanced networking and connectivity skills
- Server Support & Administration
- Exchange migrations to 365 and configuration
It would also be nice if you had some experience in:
- Higher level understanding of networking (VLANs, switch configurations, etc)
- PowerShell scripting
- OSX desktop support
- Web and domain skills including editing DNS records
- Virtualisation technologies (VMWare & Hyper-V)
- Phone system troubleshooting/configuration
Benefits of working with us:
We offer in house training across the wide range of services we offer, and encourage and assist team members through technical professional qualifications, Microsoft or Cisco etc. which we will pay for. Whilst we like our team members to touch as wide a range of technologies as possible, we also believe that it is essential that we help you discover which ones you excel at.
We are innovators, and are proud to have established ourselves as market leaders in our field. With clients which include The Crown Estate, for whom we provide the IT & Communications for all of Regent Street, JLL, Cushman Wakefield and British Land to name but a few.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take their first or perhaps second step in a career in IT with a company, which is going places. We are proud to be a company that is different, but not just for the sake of it. We take great pride in the fact that we are a community, and as a community, everyone contributes and has a voice and is treated equally. Which is why we operate a performance based profit share scheme, so everyone can enjoy our not insubstantial successes. We are passionate and dedicated but that’s not just in providing the highest possible level of service, or that we develop ground breaking and innovative software, but in everything we do together as a community.
As well as a generous salary we offer an excellent range of benefits:
- Pension plan
- Keep fit and healthy with Gym or Squash club membership
- Private Health insurance
- 29 days holiday
- Virtual social calendar of events