Join Our Team
3rd Line Support EngineerApply Now
£29,260 - £41,400including bonus
Based at our Bishops Stortford office, reporting directly to the Technical Director, you will be a key member of our Technical Team. You will be the Senior techncial lead; dealing with high level technical design, projects and esclations; the ‘go-to’ person.
You will be required to perform scheduled and ad-hoc out of hours and project work (weekend and evenings) for major upgrades, system relocation and moves.
You will be
- An experienced, and talented engineer who is looking to take the next step in their career.
- Able to demonstrate a "Can Do" attitude being willing to go the "extra mile"
- Able to communicate well with customers and colleagues being able to lead and motivate by example
- Able to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Flexible in your approach to travel and projects undertaken
- Willing to be part of the out of hours on-call rota
- Smart both mentally and in physical appearance
- Fluent English speaking.
- Be the point of escalation for 2nd line tickets
- Server configuration and troubleshooting
- Advanced server migrations and installations
- Network design and support
- Cisco networking knowledge
- MCITP level, or willing to prove ability to support at this level
- Knowledge of Antivirus applications
- Knowledge of Backup applications
- Windows XP/Vista/7 desktop support
- Vmware/Hyper-V virtual server configuration
- Some Cisco knowledge would be useful
- High level of proficiency in the following networking infrastructure: TCP/IP, SSL, BGP, VPN routing and switching protocols a distinct advantage
- Willingness to own a problem through to solution
- Azure configuration and administration
- Knowledge of SAN configuration and administration
- Hyper-V in a clustered environment
- SQL Server administration
We offer in house training across the wide range of services we offer, and encourage all of our team to seek professional qualifications via Microsoft or Cisco etc. which we will pay for. Whilst we like our team members to touch as wide a range of technologies as possible, we also believe that it is essential that we help you discover which ones you excel at.
ITVET is a fun place to work, and has an excellent team spirit, but at the same time when it comes to what we do, we take things very seriously.
As well as a very competitive salary we offer:-
-Profit share scheme
This is a great permanent opportunity allowing candidates to maximise their career potential. If you are interested please apply immediately.
It makes sense to join a company that shares your vision. No matter what level of experience you have, if you have talent and your goal is to be the best, then we are for you.
We aim to discover your skill set. We then work with every member of the team to create a career path at ITVET or EntireData.
- Team training and development is at the heart of our company
- Weekly in-house training where team members decide the topics
- Professional training courses and accreditations with industry leading brands such as Microsoft and Cisco
- Each team member is given a personal training plan with set targets
- Regular reviews and assessments to help you achieve your goals